Submission Guidelines - Flash Gumbo
Flash Gumbo is our bi-monthly(ish) flash-fiction e-zine.
Submissions are currently open.
Unlike our previous ezine, Word Gumbo, we do not want submissions on set themes. Instead we want your best work on whatever themes you wish to address. As a result, we now have a rolling deadline whereby material sent in the two month periods leading to the ends of February, April, June, August, October and December will be considered for the following issue. So you can now send in anything, any time, without worrying about missing a deadline.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
Please send your pieces as email attachments in .doc, .docx or rtf formats to gumbosubmissions AT gmail DOT com
PLEASE NOTE: We require submissions to be anonymous, so please include your name and the title(s) of your pieces in the email, but ensure that nothing but the title appears in the attachments. Any submissions not complying to this rule will not be considered.
Your flash-fictions can up up to 500 words per piece, maximum of 3 pieces per submission.
(NOTE: The word count limit does not include titles.)
We are also be interested in pieces about flash-fiction, reviews of flash-fiction collections, or interviews with flash-fiction writers. Contact us on our general email address (listed on the 'Contact' page) for more details if you wish to submit these kinds of pieces.
- By submitting your work for publication in Flash Gumbo you grant Gumbo Press the right to publish that work on its website, and retain it within its archive. All other rights remain with you.
- We will NOT consider work previously published in print or on the web (including video/animation work), however work posted on websites, blogs or forums for the purpose of feedback and workshopping is allowed.
- We DO NOT accept simultaneous submissions.
- We will not consider any work which is any way offensive or discriminatory.
- We will attempt to contact all writers, successful or unsuccessful, within 3 weeks of the deadline date. If you do not hear from us by that point, you can contact us at the general email address on our 'Contact' page.